Australian suspect escorted to Badung Prosecutor’s Office, Oct. 15.
BADUNG, Bali – Indonesian police on Wednesday transferred three Australian nationals accused of a fatal villa shooting in Bali to state prosecutors, marking a key step toward trial in one of the island’s most high-profile criminal cases this year.
The suspects — Darcy Francesco Jenson, Tupau Pada Midolmore, and Coskun Mevlut — were handed over to the Badung District Prosecutor’s Office under tight security. Heavily armed Mobile Brigade (Brimob) officers escorted the trio in two armored vehicles from police detention to the prosecutor’s office. Each arrived in handcuffs and leg shackles before being taken into custody for further legal processing.
Badung Police Chief M. Arief Batubara said investigators had completed the case files, which were declared legally sufficient for prosecution. “Today we completed the second phase of the process. Both the suspects and the evidence have been handed over to the prosecutors,” he told reporters, adding that the trio had been cooperative throughout the investigation.
Badung District Chief Prosecutor Sutrisno Margi Utomo confirmed his office would seek additional police security during the upcoming trial at the Denpasar District Court. “Given the level of public attention, we’ve asked for stronger police presence to ensure safety and to reassure the public that Bali remains secure,” he said.
The three Australians are accused of involvement in the June 14 shooting at Villa Casta Santisya in Munggu, Badung, which left Australian national Zivan Radmanovic dead and another man, Sabar Ghanim, injured by gunfire.
Police allege that Jenson was the mastermind, arranging accommodations, transportation, and purchasing a hammer used to break into the victims’ villa, while Midolmore and Mevlut carried out the attack.
The motive behind the Bali villa shooting remains unclear. Police have charged the suspects with premeditated murder but said the motive is still under investigation. Authorities have also denied any link to drug gangs, saying there is no evidence of narcotics involvement in the case.