Romanian Murder Suspect Located and Arrested in Bali

Romanian Murder Suspect Located and Arrested in Bali

Illustration.

DENPASAR, Bali — Indonesian police have arrested an international fugitive from Romania who was on Interpol’s wanted list for a murder case, after tracing his whereabouts to the island of Bali.

The suspect, Zuleam Costinel Cosmin (33), a Romanian national, was arrested on January 15, 2026, in the Kerobokan area, Badung, by a joint team from Indonesia’s National Police International Relations Division through the Interpol National Central Bureau Indonesia.

Bali Police spokesperson Senior Commissioner Ariasandy confirmed the arrest, stating that Zuleam is currently being held at the General Criminal Investigation Directorate of Bali Police while awaiting transfer to Romanian authorities.

“The red notice subject, Zuleam Costinel Cosmin, was arrested on January 15 in Kerobokan, Bali. He is currently detained at Bali Police pending the handover process to NCB Bucharest,” Ariasandy said, as quoted by Antara.

According to police, the arrest followed intelligence shared by several Interpol member countries indicating that Zuleam was in Indonesia, particularly in Bali. The operation involved coordination with Interpol NCB Bucharest, Interpol NCB Tashkent, and Interpol NCB Brussels.

Indonesia’s police international division also released images of the arrest on its official Instagram account. Authorities stated that Zuleam is a suspect in a high-profile murder case that occurred in Sibiu, Romania, on November 6, 2023.

Investigators allege that Zuleam and two accomplices broke into the home of a local businessman in Sibiu. During the incident, the victim was subjected to severe torture, while his daughter was threatened with a firearm. The suspects reportedly fled the scene with luxury watches valued at approximately €200,000.

The case drew widespread public attention in Romania due to its brutality and the high value of the stolen items. Police said Zuleam’s two alleged accomplices were previously arrested in Ireland and Scotland, where they were later convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by local courts.

Zuleam, however, managed to evade capture and was placed on Interpol’s wanted list after the Sibiu District Court issued an arrest warrant on November 19, 2023.

Indonesian authorities said Zuleam is currently undergoing further questioning as part of administrative and legal procedures prior to his extradition. Indonesia and Romania are continuing coordination through Interpol channels to complete the handover process, after which Zuleam is expected to be transferred to Romania to face prosecution under Romanian law.

Disclaimer: While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, this article may contain minor inaccuracies in names, locations, or event details. Readers are welcome to contact the editorial team for any clarification.

Comments are closed.